Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0136
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gw62m12
Medium chess puzzle 0136
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0136
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0136.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0136
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Qh5+, Bxh5#
Explanation for the moves
- Qh5+ - your queen from the battery formation sacrifices itself by moving to h5 and gives check.
- Nxh5 - Opponent’s knight captures your queen as this is the only legal move available.
- Bxh5# - Your bishop captures opponent’s knight and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t move since it is blocked by friendly pieces. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You have used the battery formation in a right manner. Good moves
- For wrong move - You could have used the battery of queen and bishop to win the game. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0136
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Battery puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Terminology puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
- Bishop puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0136 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0136
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0136
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0136 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0136 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0136
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0136
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0136
- medium chess puzzle 0136 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0136
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0136
- Play chess for free