Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0130
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : Black
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gj7yll2
Medium chess puzzle 0130
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0130
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0130.
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0130
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Nd2+, Qxh1#
Explanation for the moves
- Nd2+ - This is a two purpose move. One is giving a check. This also opens the diagonal for your queen.
- Kc1 - This is a zugzwang move as the opponent’s king is forced to respond while their rook is under attack.
- Qxh1# - Your queen captures opponent’s hanging rook and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t move since no free squares are available. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You know how to end the game. Keep solving the puzzles
- For wrong move - You could have won the game by moving the queen in second move. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0130
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
- Knight puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0130 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0130
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0130
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0130 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0130 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0130
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0130
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0130
- medium chess puzzle 0130 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0130
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0130
- Play chess for free