Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0129
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gfl6zk2
Medium chess puzzle 0129
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0129
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0129.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0129
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Qh7+, Nf7#
Explanation for the moves
- Qh7+ - Your queen sacrifices itself to attract the opponent’s queen to h7 which is guarding f7.
- Qxh7 - This is a zugzwang move as the opponent’s queen is forced to respond. Opponent’s king can’t capture your queen since it is supported by the knight.
- Nf7# - Your knight moves to f7 and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t move due to the additional attack from your knight. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You had sacrificed the queen effectively for a checkmate. Good moves
- For wrong move - You could have sacrificed the queen for a checkmate. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0129
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
- Knight puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0129 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0129
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0129
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0129 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0129 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0129
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0129
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0129
- medium chess puzzle 0129 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0129
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0129
- Play chess for free