Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0128
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Checkmate after a decoy move
Next Move : Black
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/g2wb9p2
Medium chess puzzle 0128
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0128
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0128.
Move by black
Move by white
opponent fell for the trap. they captured your knight withour realising the threat.
Move by black
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0128
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Nxd4, Qf1#
Explanation for the moves
- Nxd4 - This is a decoy and sacrifice move that targets the opponent’s queen. At the same time, this move also opened the diagonal for your queen.
- cxd4 - Opponent fell for the trap. They captured your knight withour realising the threat.
- Qf1# - Your queen moves to f1 and checkmate. This is called back-rank mate since the opponent’s king is blocked by friendly pieces. This is how you can checkmate after a decoy move.
- For right move - You have used the decoy move nicely. Keep it up
- For wrong move - You should have moved the knight to have a checkmate in next move. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0128
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Decoy puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
- Knight puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0128 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0128
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0128
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0128 - Checkmate after a decoy move pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0128 - Checkmate after a decoy move in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0128
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0128
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0128
- medium chess puzzle 0128 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0128
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0128
- Play chess for free