Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0123
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gl8lcb2
Medium chess puzzle 0123
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0123
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0123.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0123
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rxf8+, Rxf8#
Explanation for the moves
- Rxf8+ - Your rook from the battery formation sacrifices itself to attract the opponent’s queen which is guarding eighth rank. It now forks the opponent’s king and queen.
- Qxf8 - This is a zugzwang move as the opponent’s queen is forced to respond.
- Rxf8# - Your rook captures opponent’s hanging queen and checkmate. This is similar to back-rank mate since the opponent’s king is blocked by friendly pawns. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You know how to use the battery of rooks to end the game. Keep winning
- For wrong move - You failed to have a checkmate. Try again with the sacrifice of the rook.
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0123
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Fork puzzles in chess
- Battery puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0123 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0123
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0123
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0123 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0123 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0123
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0123
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0123
- medium chess puzzle 0123 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0123
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0123
- Play chess for free