Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0122
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gr8fzf2
Medium chess puzzle 0122
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0122
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0122.
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0122
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Qxd8+, Rxd8#
Explanation for the moves
- Qxd8 - Opponent’s queen captures your rook.
- Qxd8+ - Your queen from the battery formation sacrifices itself to attract the opponent’s rook to d8.
- Rxd8 - Opponent’s rook captures your queen as this is the only legal move available.
- Rxd8# - Your rook captures opponent’s rook and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t come to seventh rank due to the additional attack from your pawn. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You know how to end the game effectively by combining the sacrifice and battery formation.
- For wrong move - You could have won by having a series of checks from the battery formation. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0122
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Battery puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0122 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0122
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0122
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0122 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0122 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0122
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0122
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0122
- medium chess puzzle 0122 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0122
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0122
- Play chess for free