Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0121
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gdb8wv2
Medium chess puzzle 0121
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0121
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0121.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0121
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Bb3+, Rh1#
Explanation for the moves
- Bb3+ - Your bishop moves to b3 and gives check to opponent. This is to force the king to move to h file
- Kh7 - This is a zugzwang move as the opponent’s king is forced to respond. It is moving to h7 since it is blocked by the friendly bishop on the other side.
- Rh1# - Your rook moves to h1 and checkmate. Opponent’s king is blocked by friendly pieces and the escape square is attacked by your pawn. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - With a right moves of bishop and rook you achieved the checkmate. Good work
- For wrong move - You could have moved your bishop and rook to have a mate in 2 moves. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0121
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
- Bishop puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0121 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0121
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0121
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0121 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0121 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0121
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0121
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0121
- medium chess puzzle 0121 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0121
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0121
- Play chess for free