Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0116
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gwx5sl2
Medium chess puzzle 0116
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0116
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0116.
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0116
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rb8+, Rxb8#
Explanation for the moves
- Rxc1 - Opponent’s rook captures your queen. Their rook is supported by their queen.
- Rb8+ - You did mind losing your queen. Your rook in the battery formation sacrifices itself for a checkmate in next move.
- Qxb8 - Opponent’s queen captures your rook as this is the only legal move available.
- Rxb8# - Your rook captures the opponent’s queen and checkmate. This is called rook mate or box mate. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You did not mind sacrificing your queen and rook for a checkmate. It was a good strategy
- For wrong move - You could have sacrificed your rook to have a box mate. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0116
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Battery puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0116 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0116
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0116
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0116 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0116 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0116
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0116
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0116
- medium chess puzzle 0116 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0116
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0116
- Play chess for free