Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0109
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Gain opponent’s rook
Next Move : Black
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/g3lpvj2
Medium chess puzzle 0109
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0109
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0109.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0109
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Nxd3+, Rxf4
Explanation for the moves
- c3 - Opponent made mistake. They threatens your knight with a pawn but removed the support to their knight.
- Nxd3+ - After the capture, your knight forks opponent’s king and queen. This is a sacrifice to remove the support to their rook.
- Bxd3 - Opponent’s does not want to lose their queen. Hence they capture your knight using their bishop.
- Rxf4 - Since the support to the rook is removed, your rook captures opponents hanging rook. This is how you can gain opponent’s rook.
- For right move - Good moves. you sacrificed a knight to gain the rook
- For wrong move - Your could have sacrificed your knight to gain opponent’s rook. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0109
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Fork puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
- Knight puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0109 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0109
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0109
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0109 - Gain opponent's rook pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0109 - Gain opponent's rook in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0109
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0109
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0109
- medium chess puzzle 0109 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0109
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0109
- Play chess for free