Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0106
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : Black
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gbs7962
Medium chess puzzle 0106
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0106
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0106.
Move by black
Move by white
this is a zugzwang move as this forces opponent’s king to respond. opponent’s king moves to h1 as this is the only legal move available. opponent’s king can’t capture your bishop since it is supported by the rook.
Move by black
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0106
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Bh2+, Rf1#
Explanation for the moves
- Bh2+ - Your bishop moves to h2 and gives check to opponent. This is to force the opponent’s king to move to h1.
- Kh1 - This is a zugzwang move as this forces opponent’s king to respond. Opponent’s king moves to h1 as this is the only legal move available. Opponent’s king can’t capture your bishop since it is supported by the rook.
- Rf1# - Your rook moves to f1 and checkmate. This is called ladder mate or lawnmower mate.. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - Your ladder mate was superb. Keep up the good work.
- For wrong move - You could have had a ladder mate. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0106
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
- Bishop puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0106 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0106
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0106
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0106 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0106 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0106
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0106
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0106
- medium chess puzzle 0106 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0106
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0106
- Play chess for free