Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0102
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : Black
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/ghvkn62
Medium chess puzzle 0102
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0102
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0102.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0102
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Qh1+, Rxf1#
Explanation for the moves
- Qf1 - Opponent’s queen moves to f1 and blocks the check threat.
- Qh1+ - Your queen sacrifices itself to attract the king to h1 so that the support to their queen is removed
- Kxh1 - This is a zugzwang move as this forces opponent’s king to respond. Opponent’s king captures your queen.
- Rxf1# - Your rook captures opponent’s hanging queen and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t come to g2 due to the attack from your pawn.. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You have moved your queen and rook effectively to win the game. Those are good moves.
- For wrong move - You could have sacrificed the queen to win the game. Keep trying
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0102
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
- Queen puzzles in chess
medium chess puzzle 0102 chart
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0102
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0102
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0102 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0102 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0102
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0102
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0102
- medium chess puzzle 0102 chart
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0102
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0102
- Play chess for free