Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0065
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gk9m5j2
Medium chess puzzle 0065
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0065
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0065.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0065
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rxh8+, Rh4#
Explanation for the moves
- Rxh8+ - This sacrifice is to attract or force the opponent’s king to come to h8.
- Rh4# - This is called Greco’s mate. The king can not move to g8 since the rook movement released the diagonal for the bishop to attack. This is how you can mate in 2 moves
- Kxh8 - Opponent’s king is forced to capture your rook. This is a zugzwang move. The king can not move to f7 due to the attack from the pawn
- For right move - You moved your pieces wisely to have a Greco’s mate. Keep it up
- For wrong move - You could have had a Greco’s mate after the sacrifice of the rook. Try again.
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0065
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
- Zugzwang puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0065
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0065
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0065 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0065 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0065
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0065
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0065
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0065
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0065
- Play chess for free