Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0058
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gv5fcb2
Medium chess puzzle 0058
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0058
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0058.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0058
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rh7+, Qxh7#
Explanation for the moves
- Rh7+ - You need to remove the opponent’s rook which will break your attack on their king. This move of the rook is to sacrifice itself which will attract the opponent’s rook to h7.
- Qxh7# - Queen captures the rook and checkmate. This is how you can mate in 2 moves
- Rxh7 - This is the only legal move available. The king can not move to g8 due to the attack from the knight
- For right move - You have sacrificed your rook and had a checkmate that is similar to arabian mate. That’s the way to do it.
- For wrong move - You could have sacrificed your rook followed by a checkmate. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0058
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Fork puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Mate pattern puzzles in chess
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0058
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0058
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0058 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0058 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0058
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0058
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0058
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0058
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0058
- Play chess for free