Solve this medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0057
Difficulty level : medium
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gl9cyw2
Medium chess puzzle 0057
Solution to medium chess puzzle 0057
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of medium chess puzzle 0057.
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the medium chess puzzle 0057
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rxe4, Qxf7#
Explanation for the moves
- Rxe4 - This sacrifice of the rook is a decoy move to move the pawn from d5 to clear the diagonal for the queen.
- Qxf7# - Queen captures the pawn and checkmate. Opponent’s king can not move to h8 due to the attack from your bishop. This is how you mate in 2 moves
- dxe4 - Opponent fell for the decoy move. Since the rook was easily available they captured it.
- For right move - You have sacrificed your rook wisely. It was a good decoy move required for the checkmate
- For wrong move - You could have sacrificed your rook to have mate in 2 moves. Try again
Categories of medium chess puzzle 0057
This medium chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Medium chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Mate in 2 puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Decoy puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0057
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0057
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Medium Chess puzzle # 0057 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Medium Chess puzzle # 0057 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Medium chess puzzle 0057
- Solution to medium chess puzzle 0057
- Categories of medium chess puzzle 0057
- How to view the solution to medium chess puzzle 0057
- How to get help for moves in the medium chess puzzle 0057
- Play chess for free