Solve this hard chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics. This hard puzzle is a subset of kids games.
Puzzle No : 0109
Difficulty level : hard
Description : Mate in 2 moves
Next Move : White
Player level : Advanced
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/gv3vp33
Hard chess puzzle 0109
Solution to hard chess puzzle 0109
See the interactive solution at the puzzle page
Initial board position
This is the initial board position of hard chess puzzle 0109.
Move by black
Move by white
Move by black
Move by white
Right moves for the solution to the hard chess puzzle 0109
Based on the objective of the puzzle, you have to make the right moves. Following are the right moves
- Rxc8+, Rxc8#
Explanation for the moves
- g6 - Opponent made mistake. They forks your queen and knight with a pawn so that they can gain one. However, they opened the diagonal for your bishop.
- Rxc8+ - Your rook from the battery formation captures opponent’s rook and gives check to opponent.
- Qxc8 - Opponent’s queen captures your rook as this is the only legal move available.
- Rxc8# - Your rook captures opponent’s queen and checkmate. Opponent’s king can’t move due to the attack from your bishop.. This is how you can mate in 2 moves.
- For right move - You used the opponent’s mistake and your battery formation effectively. Your attempt is good.
- For wrong move - You could have won after sacrificing your rook. Try again
Categories of hard chess puzzle 0109
This hard chess puzzle falls in these categories.
- Hard chess puzzles
- Sacrifice puzzles in chess
- Endgame puzzles in chess
- Fork puzzles in chess
- Battery puzzles in chess
- Strategy puzzles in chess
- Rook puzzles in chess
hard chess puzzle 0109 chart
How to view the solution to hard chess puzzle 0109
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the hard chess puzzle 0109
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Hard Chess puzzle # 0109 - Mate in 2 moves pdf and read offline
Download the Hard Chess puzzle # 0109 - Mate in 2 moves in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Hard chess puzzle 0109
- Solution to hard chess puzzle 0109
- Categories of hard chess puzzle 0109
- hard chess puzzle 0109 chart
- How to view the solution to hard chess puzzle 0109
- How to get help for moves in the hard chess puzzle 0109
- Play chess for free