Solve this free medium chess puzzle and improve your chess games through improvement of your chess strategies and chess tactics.
Puzzle No : 0009
Difficulty level : medium
Description : will you fall into the trap
Next Move : White
Player level : Intermediate
Short URL for puzzle : https://gbud.in/g416m42
Free medium chess puzzle 0009
Solution to free medium chess puzzle 0009
At this puzzle, next move is by White. The objective of the puzzle is whether will you fall into the trap set by the opponent. Your opponent has just captured your knight. You may be tempted to capture the knight as it is not supported. Actually it is a magnetsacrifice by your opponent so that you will move your king to a tactically weaker square. If you capture the knight, your opponent will checkmate in next move by moving their queen to d1. This checkmate is also called back-rank mate as your king is blocked by your own pieces.
You have four options to avoid this trap
- Block the queen’s access to d1. This can be done by moving your pawn in f file to f3.
- Defend the square d1. This can be done in two ways.
- Have a square free for your king to move. If you move the pawn from g2 to g3, your king can move to g3 if queen gives a check.
See the solution at the puzzle page
How to view the solution to free medium chess puzzle 0009
To view the solution to this puzzle, follow the steps given below
How to get help for moves in the free medium chess puzzle 0009
To get help or the possible next moves in the puzzle, , follow the steps given below
- Go to the puzzle page
- Click the help button (exclamation mark as shown below) to get help or suggestion on next possible move
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
[pdf] Download Free Chess puzzles - Difficulty level Medium - # 0009 - will you fall into the trap pdf and read offline
Download the Free Chess puzzles - Difficulty level Medium - # 0009 - will you fall into the trap in pdf format and read without internet.
Table of Contents
- Free medium chess puzzle 0009
- Solution to free medium chess puzzle 0009
- How to view the solution to free medium chess puzzle 0009
- How to get help for moves in the free medium chess puzzle 0009
- Play chess for free