Introduction to the chess PGN viewer online
Portable Game Notation or PGN is the format used to store details of a chess game in a text file. This PGN can be read by humans as well as most of the chess engines. Detailed explanation of PGN is given here.
This post explains the steps on how to use the chess PGN viewer online. You can use it as a chess PGN reader also. The chess pgn viewer will convert a text PGN to a graphical chess board setup and moves. You have a option to analyse the chess moves also.
This Chess PGN viewer is completely free and works without registration.
How to load PGN into chess game
- Go to the link for loading the chess PGN
- You will get a text box to enter PGN.
Enter the PGN in the text box.
Click Clear button if you want to clear the entered PGN
Click Load button to load the PGN
How to visualize PGN
- You will be given two options after loading the PGN
- View the moves
- Analyse the moves
- Click View button to view the PGN or the game moves
How to analyse a chess PGN
You can also analyse the chess moves that are stored in the PGN.
- Choose the depth of analysis. Keep in mind that the time to analyse the game increases with analysis depth.
- The results of analysis will be shown after the analysis is over
- The score for the current move is shown graphically over the chess board. You can assess the level of the current move.
The green slider shows the location of the current move in the plot.
You will also get the following suggestions
How to view chess PGN moves step by step
Follow the steps for loading the PGN
Click View button to view the PGN or the game moves
You have several buttons below the board to control the navigation
- Each button has its own functionality
Other options while viewing the chess PGN
You have three options while viewing the chess PGN moves
- You can play from the current board position
- You can play a new game
- You can start playing from the same starting position of the PGN
Software or app required to view a chess PGN
You do not need any softwares or app to view chess PGN. Visualise the PGN in the browser itself. This PGN viewer works in windows, linux and android. Follow the steps to view chess PGN.
How to analyse Chess moves or chess PGN
Follow the steps to analyse chess PGN
Play chess for free
Play chess for free at https://gbud.in/chs
Simple. You can do several chess related activities.
- solve chess puzzles
- learn about chess
- play chess with computer
- play chess with friend
- create your own chess games
- fen viewer
- fen editor
- fen generator
- pgn viewer
- chess board editor
- view famous chess games.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the chess PGN viewer online
- How to load PGN into chess game
- How to visualize PGN
- How to analyse a chess PGN
- How to view chess PGN moves step by step
- Other options while viewing the chess PGN
- Software or app required to view a chess PGN
- How to analyse Chess moves or chess PGN
- Play chess for free